Sunday, August 10, 2008

R - 9 Crimes by Damien Rice

This song was recommended by Steve. Hmm, ala Damien Rice usual type of song, the song is very slow and calming. I think I prefer the melody best; not so much the lyrics. There's a few versions of the song. I know the original's a duet but I'm choosing this video instead. In the intro, he talked about the different versions - 2 guitar version and the piano version. Wasn't able to upload the audio of the song with the duet version! Oh well...

Lyrics
Lisa: Leave me out with the waste This is not what I do It's the wrong kind of place To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time For somebody new It's a small crime And I've got no excuse

Lisa: Is that alright with you?Give my gun away when it's loaded Is that alright with you?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it Is that alright with you?
Give my gun away when it's loaded Is that alright with you?With you...

Damien: Leave me out with the waste This is not what I do It's the wrong kind of place To be cheating on you
It's the wrong time She's pulling me through It's a small crime And I've got no excuse

Damien: Is that alright with you? Give my gun away (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah.)when it's loaded
Is that alright with you?If you don't shoot it how (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah. ) am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright with you?Give my gun away (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah. ) when it's loaded
Is that alright Is that alright with you?

Damien: Is that alright, yeah? Give my gun away (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah. ) when it's loaded Is that alright with you? If you don't shoot it how (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah. ) am I supposed to hold it Is that alright with you? Give my gun away (Lisa: Is that alright? Yeah. ) when it's loaded Is that alright Is that alright with you?(Slight Overlap..)

Damien: Is that alright, yeah? Lisa: Give my gun away when it's loaded

Damien: Is that alright, yeah?

Lisa: If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it

Damien: Is that alright, yeah?

Lisa: Give my gun away when it's loaded

Damien: Is that alright, is that alright?

D & L: Is that alright with you?

Damien: No...

No comments: